- Online Payment LINK for Parents Parents, please use this link for paying school fees, ordering hot lunches, ordering from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in your child’s school.
When creating an account, please make sure you click on the Create Account button first. Then you can create your account, and add your child. Once you have added a child, click on Done. To add additional children, please click on the Menu then Linked Accounts and add your other children.
- Online Payment LINK for Guests This link is for supporters of our school (parents and supporters of Delburne Centralized School students, please use the link above).
Supporters can use this link to make donations, purchase from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in the school.
First time users will need to create an account.
Please click on the link, create an account, then click next, and you will be able to add yourself as a support.
A big thank you to everyone for your support of the Delburne Centralized School.
What’s Happening at DCS 2018/2019
What’s Happening at DCS 2018/2019
- September 4 - First day of school for students! Students attended assemblies throughout the morning for each division in the school.
- On Going… Alberta Education has mandated online registrations for the 2019-2020 school year. Therefore, DCS has started to set up online demographic packages, payments for school fees/milk orders/fundraising/field trips/sports…
- September 5 – Junior Volleyball tryouts were held. SH Girls Volleyball already under way. DCS ended up with 3 girls volleyball teams (1 Sr., 2 Jr.) and 1 boys team (Jr.).
- September 10 – the Running Club (30 students) started to practice for cross country runs throughout the fall in Red Deer, Innisfail and Ponoka.
- September 11 – first full day of Kindergarten in their newly renovated classroom!
- September 14 – 5 students on our SAT team went to Edmonton to assist in Kaleido Arts Family Fest and gain some hands on live event experience.
- September 20 – School Picture Day! Paleontology 25 students went to Drumheller.
- September 26 – Grade 6 students went to Edmonton to observe our provincial Legislature.
- September 27 – Pancake Breakfast, Open House for parents to see their child’s classroom/teachers. DCS Celebrates Assembly at 9:30, sponsored by Delburne Service Centre. Following the assembly we had our Terry Fox Run/Walk around the Village, which raised over $1,100! First PAC Meeting of the school year was held at 6:30pm in the Learning Commons.
- September 28 – Orange Shirt Day, in recognition of acknowledging residential schools. Bus Evacuations practice was held in the morning. High School Awards Night was held at 7:00pm in the Small Gym.
- Intramurals have been taking place at lunch, organized by our Middle School Leadership Group.
- Buddy Reading Program took place with grade 1P joining grades 6/7A 7 6/7U. It’s a fun and meaningful project for all the students.
- October 1 – Academy Skateboard Collective Residency came to DCS to work with 4-12 students, teaching them the finer details of skateboarding.
- October 2 – The Learning Commons sponsored an author visit by Eric Walters.
- October 3 – Fall fundraising began with 2 options available. DCS is only doing one main fundraiser this year for the school, cookie dough, popcorn and magazine sales. PAC is doing a cheque campaign for those who just want to donate, without purchasing anything during the year.
- October 11 – Paleontology Field Trip.
- October 12 – Our DCS student rep attended Students Matter meeting at Division Office in Innisfail. WE Club attended WE Day at Rogers Centre, Edmonton.
- October 16 – grade 6 walked to Delburne Village Office to meet council and see how our village was run. Paleontology Field Trip.
- October 18 – PAC Meeting, 6:30pm in the Learning Commons.
- October 19 – SH Welding field trip to Olds College Iron Works.
- October 23 – Llew Edwards (track athlete/coach/trainer) guest speaker came to our school for a presentation.
- October 24 – a group of students from DCS attended the HASS Conference in Red Deer.
- October 25 – DCS Celebrates Assembly at 11:00am sponsored by On Earth…Gardens & Design Greenhouses
- October 31 – Halloween activities started at noon with lunch parties in the Primary classes and a Costume Fashion Show (grades 6-12) in the Large Gym. Other activities (games, haunted house) throughout the school started at 2:00pm.
- October WE Scare Hunger Campaign…WE Club collected food for our local Food Bank.
- November 3 – JH Girls Volleyball team won Silver at CENAA tournament in Penhold. They went on to place 5th at CWAJHAA!
- November 6 – Fire Drill and Secure Our Schools practice.
- November 7 – Remembrance Day Assembly was held in the Large Gym with dignitaries from the Legion, Red Deer County, Fire Department and many parents and community members were in attendance. Leadership Students recited In Flanders Field and grades 1, 2 & 3 sang several songs.
- November 8-11 – Fall Break.
- November 12 – Domestic Violence Presentation for grades 8-12 in the Learning Commons.
- November 15 – PAC Meeting was held at 6:30pm.
- November 20-29 – Scholastic Book Fair in the Learning Commons.
- November 21 – Grade 7 Health Field Trip to Red Deer
- November 22 – Parent/Teacher Conferences from 3:30 – 8:00pm. DCS had many displays on hand in the Commons Area for parents and students to enjoy! Shop, Welding, Home Ec, PAC, Harvest Gym, Yearbooks)
- November 28 – Green Certificate meeting was held for parents and students.
- November 29 – DCS Celebrates Assembly sponsored by Delburne/Ardley Legion #142.
- Basketball Season began with 4 teams: JH Girls, JH Boys, SH Girls and SH Boys.
- Roots of Empathy program started with the grade 1 students.
- Our Wellness Worker, Mrs. Katherine Maxwell introduced a new program, Angel Tree, for the Holiday Season. It is a program to support families in need at Christmas. The Angel Christmas Tree is filled with adult and children’s wishes, hopes and dreams. Students, staff and community members select an angel off the tree and return the unwrapped gift(s) to Mrs. Maxwell! Donations were delivered to families the last week of school.
- Door Decorating has officially begun for the holiday season!
- December 6 – Mrs. Simpson’s grade 5 class hosted the Lost Treasure Sale this year, where students could come and do some Christmas shopping. Items were donated by community members and sold for $1 or $2. Grade 5’s donated some of the proceeds to the Angel Tree Program.
- December 7 – Grad 2019 Alumni Hockey Game Fundraiser was held at the Delburne Arena, consisting of a ham supper, hockey game (current students vs. DCS alumni and staff), silent auction, raffle table and chuck-a-puck.
- December 14 – grades 3-5 spent the afternoon swimming at the Three Hills Aquatic Centre.
- December 20 – Primary Christmas Concert was held with a Dress Rehearsal at 1:30 and Evening Performance at 7:00pm. No admission , but people visitors were encouraged to bring an item or monetary donation to the local Food Bank.
- December 21 – Christmas activities were held all day and staff and students were encouraged to wear pyjamas! Leadership students handed out treats to all students. Activities included skating, Christmas movies, games in both gyms, Christmas colouring, cookie decorating. At lunch Santa visited the school for free Photos with Santa!
- December 22-January 6 – Christmas Break.
- January was exam month! Diploma Breakfast was served on exam days for $5. Also, January was a busy month for our basketball teams, between practices and games!
- January 8 – Jo(e) Social Media Presentations were held in the afternoon for grades 6-12. There was an evening presentation in the Learning Commons for the community to attend, from 5:30-6:30pm.