- CESD Transportation
- DCS Athletics Calendar
- Exam Schedules
- Harvest Gym
- Homework/Courses Outlines
- Parent Provided Transportation
- Parent Information
- Resources/Student Services
- School Fee Schedule
- This Year's Happenings
- Last Year's Happenings
- Trustee Update
- Online Payment LINK for Parents Parents, please use this link for paying school fees, ordering hot lunches, ordering from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in your childâ€™s school.
When creating an account, please make sure you click on the Create Account button first. Then you can create your account, and add your child. Once you have added a child, click on Done. To add additional children, please click on the Menu then Linked Accounts and add your other children.
- Online Payment LINK for Guests This link is for supporters of our school (parents and supporters of Delburne Centralized School students, please use the link above).
Supporters can use this link to make donations, purchase from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in the school.
First time users will need to create an account.
Please click on the link, create an account, then click next, and you will be able to add yourself as a support.
A big thank you to everyone for your support of the Delburne Centralized School.
What’s Happening at DCS 2020/2021
What’s Happening at DCS 2020/2021
- September 1 - First day of school for the 2020-2021 year. DCS began the year with a staggered start. Students with the surname beginning with A-K returned to school on September 1, 3, & 8. Masks were mandatory for all staff and students in grades 4-12.
- September 2 – Students with surnames starting with L-Z returned to school September 2, 4 & 9.
- September 10 – All students returned to school.
- September 15 – School Picture Day!
- September 16 – First Trojan Tribune newsletter published (school newspaper is published once a month).
- September 21 – Volleyball Academy skills development program began, including grade 6 this year! No competitions with other schools was permitted.
- September 29 – PAC (Parent Advisory Council) held their first meeting of the year through Google Meet.
- September 30 – Orange Shirt Day. Terry Fox Run was held today. Classes went out separately (sticking with their cohorts) for a walk/run around the Village.
- October 2 – HS Awards Night was held in the Small Gym at 7:00pm. The Awards Night was broadcast live on Facebook.
- October 3 – Grad 2020 Commencement Exercises were held in the Small Gym at 5:00pm. Guests were seated at tables to watch the Grand March into the gym, Toasts, Speeches, Presentations and Grad Walk Off. No dinner or dance were held this year. Grad 2020 was broadcast live on Facebook.
- October 8 – School picture retakes, DCS Celebrates (monthly celebration of students nominated by teachers for being dedicated, showing school spirit and/or citizenship). This year, instead of an assembly, our principal traveled from class to class to deliver the awards. The event, sponsored by Delburne Service Center, was broadcast live on our school Facebook page! Terry Fox Ice Cream Treats were delivered to classrooms who collected at least $2 per child.
- October 22 – Parent/Teacher Conferences were held by telephone or Google Meet.
- October 29 – Annual General PAC meeting was held at the school (Learning Commons) and through Google Meet, 6:30pm.
- October 30 – We were all excited to have our first “Hot Lunch Program” meal delivered (PAC volunteers) to the students from Subway. Halloween celebrations were held - students encouraged to wear costumes for the day. Costume parades and contests were held, keeping with COVID guidelines. Costume contest was broadcast on our Facebook page as no spectators were allowed to watch this year.
- November 4 – DCS Celebrates Virtual Assembly was held at 8:45pm, sponsored by Old Bank Bakery.
- November 10 – Remembrance Day Virtual Ceremony was held at 11:00am through Google Meet this year. Students remained in their classroom and participated in a solemn recognition of the sacrifices made for our country. Parents and community members were welcome to follow along using a Google Meet link.
- November 11-15 – Fall Break
- November 23 – December 6 – Virtual Scholastic Book Fair
- November 26 – Hot Lunch Program was Pizza or Spaghetti from Boston Pizza. Virtual PAC Meeting was held at 6:30pm.
- November 30 – January 8 – Grade 7-12 students began at home learning (Google Classroom) after Alberta Government announced new public health measures on November 24th. Grades K-6 continued in school learning until December 18th.
- December 1 – Christmas Door Decorating officially began at DCS, to welcome the holiday season.
- December 10 – Festive Headgear Day. Staff and students wore Santa hats, antlers…
- December 17 – Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.
- December 20 – Christmas activities were held throughout the day and staff and students were encouraged to wear pyjamas.
- December 21-January 1 – Christmas Break.
- January 4-8 – All students participated in at home learning for this week.
- January 11 – All students were back to in school learning!
- January 21 – 27 – Exam week for grades 10-12.
- January 28 – Virtual PAC meeting at 6:30pm.
- January 31 – Semester Break (school organizational day for staff). No school for students.
- February 1 – First day of Semester 2.
- February 4 – DCS Celebrates virtually, sponsored by Servus Credit Union
- February 5 – Collaboration Day (no school for students).
- February 8-10 – High School Leadership students sold Valentine Candy Grams for $2.00, to be delivered on February 12.
- February 10, 11 – Grad Photos sessions were held in The Lab.
- February 12 – Hot Lunch was Boston Pizza or Spaghetti. Valentine COVID safe activities were held in classrooms.
- February 15-19 – Winter Break
- February 18, 19 – Teachers’ Convention was held with virtual sessions this year.
- February 22 – Ice Sports Week 1 began, with Phys Ed classes being held at the arena. Skating was held indoors with broom ball outside on the outdoor rink. Hockey Skills 4-week afterschool program began. Program held M/W/F with only cohort groups on ice each day.
- February 24 – Pink Shirt Day. Students and staff were encouraged to wear a pink shirt to support being kind to each other.
- February 26 – Grade 5 Volleyball Skills program began, running every Friday until the end of April from 3:15-4:15pm.
- March 4 – first day of March Madness – staff and students dressed up for 100 Day (what they thought they would look like in 100 years). DCS Celebrates Virtual Assembly sponsored by Barb Marian.
- March 10 – March Madness – staff and students dressed up for PJ Day (wear pyjamas to work).
- March 16 (2020) – one year ago today, Government of Alberta closed all K-12 schools until further notice due to COVID-19. Grad Photos were taken at the school.
- March 17 – March Madness – St. Patrick’s Day - staff and students wore green. Grad photos were taken at school.
- March 18 – Parent/Teacher Conferences were held afterschool. Conferences were held over the phone due to COVID-19.
- March 22 – Ice Sports Week 2 began, with Phys Ed classes being held at the arena.
- March 25 – March Madness – staff and students dressed up for Tight/Bright/Beach Day. PAC meeting was held virtually at 6:30pm.