- Online Payment LINK for Parents Parents, please use this link for paying school fees, ordering hot lunches, ordering from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in your child’s school.
When creating an account, please make sure you click on the Create Account button first. Then you can create your account, and add your child. Once you have added a child, click on Done. To add additional children, please click on the Menu then Linked Accounts and add your other children.
- Online Payment LINK for Guests This link is for supporters of our school (parents and supporters of Delburne Centralized School students, please use the link above).
Supporters can use this link to make donations, purchase from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in the school.
First time users will need to create an account.
Please click on the link, create an account, then click next, and you will be able to add yourself as a support.
A big thank you to everyone for your support of the Delburne Centralized School.
Last Year's Happenings at DCS
What’s Happening at DCS 2017/2018
- August 31 - First day of school for students! Students attended assemblies throughout the morning for each division in the school.
- Many of our clubs have started within the school: WE Club, GSA, Boomerang, Cross Country Running & Leadership. We will also be offering a Hot Dog/Hot Lunch Program as well as a Breakfast Program this year!
- Volleyball season started with 4 teams; SH Girls, Junior White and Blue Girls and a Junior Boys team.
- September 8 – SH Girls Volleyball team attended a tournament at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.
- September 13 – two students represented our school at the CESD Golf Tournament. ELAA Event was held at our school in the evening. 25 Post Secondary schools had booths set up for parents and students to visit.
- September 17 – all 3 junior Volleyball teams attended a tournament at Red Deer College.
- September 18 – Grades 7 & 8 went to Telus Spark Centre in Calgary.
- September 19 – cross country runners attended the Dawe Run in Red Deer.
- September 21 – School Photo Day!
- September 28 – the day started with a Pancake Breakfast followed by a classroom Open House. At 9:30 our first DCS Celebrates Assembly (Dedication, Citizenship, Spirit) was held in the Large Gym, sponsored by the Carratt Family. After the assembly staff, students and many parents took part in our annual Terry Fox Run around the Village of Delburne. The first Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting was held at 6:30pm.
- September 29 – Bus Evacuation Drills took place in the morning for all bus students. Orange Shirt Day...all staff and students were encourage to wear orange. A group of High School students accompanied one of our students who won the Orange T-Shirt Design Contest for this year, in Edmonton. High School Awards Night held at 7:00pm in the Small Gym.
- Breakfast Program started this month, thanks to the many volunteers that make this program happen.
- October 2 – The Learning Commons sponsored an author visit by Eric Walters.
- October 5 – K-6 cross country runners headed to Innisfail for the CENAA Run. MADD Canada Assembly was held for grades 7-12. Mary Lambert came to perform for the K-5 students.
- October 11 – Grade 7-9 cross country runners attended CWAJHAA run in Ponoka.
- October 12 – Red & White Day…at the end of the day all staff and students formed a maple leaf in the Large Gym for a Canada 150 photo! Grade 3’s went to Rocktober Fest at the Westerner in Red Deer…rock & mineral displays were fascinating! Grade 9-12 Parent/Teacher conferences (by appointment) where held after school. Also, this week some of our grade 11’s went to the Delburne/Ardley Legion and cleaned up the yard, raking leaves.
- October 13 – Students Matter meeting at Division office…DCS sends 2 students to these sessions. Junior Volleyball athletes had the chance to go to RDC to watch some college volleyball games.
- October 18 – Green Certificate Orientation Meeting was held in the Learning Commons for parents & students.
- October 19 – October PAC meeting was held in the evening. This was the Annual General meeting.
- October 20 – HS students went to Olds College Open House.
- October 25 – A group of DCS student leaders attended a HASS (Healthy Active Schools) Conference in Red Deer. WE Club sold Halloween cookies at lunch, proceeds went to the Red Cross.
- October 25-November 1 – DCS collected items for the Delburne Food Bank.
- October 31 – Halloween activities throughout the school…Elementary potluck, costume parade, Nickel Carnival, hosted by the grade 4.& 5 classes. Grade 6-12 Costume Contest followed by activities, including a haunted house, hosted by the Leadership Club.
- Grade 6 CTS class started their Snack Shack business every Tuesday and Thursday, selling fresh veggies, fruit and popcorn for $1.00 each. This program teaches students food preparation, business planning and marketing skills.
- November 1 – Diploma Breakfast was held before our first diploma of the school year (ELA 30-2 Part A). WE Day field trip to the Saddledome in Calgary. Poinsettia Fundraiser began to raise money for our yearbooks.
- November 7 –Dental “Check-Up” visit was held today for students in K-2.
- November 8 – Remembrance Day Assembly in Large Gym. Many community members were in attendance, including Delburne/Ardley Legion members. Grade 12 field trip to Agri-Trade at the Westerner in Red Deer, as part of the reporter program through Red Deer County Newspaper.
- November 9-13 – Fall Break!
- November 15 – GSA held an Anxiety Workshop in the Learning Commons. They set up 8 different tables with very informative information for staff and students.
- November 16 – Brush to Win dental presentation to grades K-2, teaching them how to brush properly. PAC meeting at 6:30pm in the Learning Commons.
- November 17-18 – SH Girls Volleyball team won silver at Zones, which means they qualified for 1A Provincials…first time ever!!! JH Girls and Boys teams competed at 1J CWAJHAA Tournament.
- November 21 – WE Club volunteered at Potter’s Hands meal kitchen in Red Deer.
- November 21-30 – Scholastic Book Fair in the Learning Commons.
- November 22 – School Celebration Assembly was held to provide our SH Girls Volleyball team with a cheerful send off to the Provincials tournament (November 22-25) in Bonnyville. Girls ended up 6th overall in their Alberta 1A division of 124 teams. Congratulations!
- November 23 – Parent/Teacher Conferences, annual Legion Remembrance Day Writing/Poster contest submission deadline. Good to see lots of entries again this year!
- November 27 – Alien Inline Skating was at DCS all week, sponsored by PAC, teaching the students to inline skate in the Small Gym.
- November 30 – DCS Celebrates Assembly was held in the Large Gym, sponsored by the Carratt Family.
- Door Decorating has officially begun for the holiday season!
- Intramural Stanley Can began with staff & students playing floor hockey Tuesday/Thursdays, for the famous CUP.
- Basketball season started this month with 3 teams at DCS (JH Girls, SH Girls, SH Boys).
- December 1 – Grade 6’s hosted a Lost Treasure Sale in the Large Gym. In November the students asked for donations of new or gently used items to sell for $1 or $2. Grade 6’s organized the sale and invited classes to come down during the day to purchase gifts for family and friends! There were also activity stations for those not shopping and free gift wrapping!
- December 6 – Grade 6 Field Trip to the Alberta Legislature in Edmonton.
- December 12 – High School students went to the Citadel Theatre in Edmonton to take in the afternoon production of A Christmas Carol.
- December 8 – Grade 2018 Alumni Hockey Game Fundraiser. Chili/Bun/Dessert supper, Silent Auction, Raffle Table, Chuck-a-Puck, 50/50 and a hockey game (players were DCS staff, students and alumni). Was a great night full of activities and visiting!
- December 16 – WE Club spent the day volunteering at Bower Mall wrapping gifts for CAWES and took time out to shop at Ten Thousand Villages.
- December 18-22 – Staff and students were asked to wear Christmas attire all week. We saw a lot of crazy Christmas sweaters, Christmas PJ’s, hats, ties… Also, K-12 plus the Main Office decorated their doors for Christmas.
- December 20 – Students photos with Santa in the Learning Commons at lunch, hosted by High School Leadership!
- December 20 – Morning Hockey Skills program was back for another year, for students in grades 1-8. Students were on ice from 7:00-8:00am learning hockey skills led by DCS principal Ted Hutchings. Breakfast was served after ice time in the arena lobby after. Due to its popularity, two sessions were held!
- December 21 – Primary Christmas Concert was held (K-3)…Dress Rehearsal at 1:30pm and Evening Performance at 7:00pm in the Small Gym. The theme this year was Canada 150. Admission was a donation to the Delburne Food Bank.
- December 22 – Elementary students (grades 1-5) went skating at the local arena.
- Roots of Empathy program started with the grade 1 students.
- January was exam month! Our first week back was full of practice exams getting prepared for grade 9 PAT’s, 10/11 finals and grade 12 diplomas. Diploma Breakfast was held in the Home Ec room before every Diploma. Also this month, grade 4, 7 &10 parents received their annual Accountability Pillar Surveys in the mail from Alberta Education.
- January 8 – Assembly for grades 9-12 to remind them that there were only 12 days left of classes for semester 1, and were encouraged to maximize their PLT time to complete assignments or ask for extra help!
- January 23 – Last day of classes in Semester 1, for grades 9-12.
- January 24 – Grade 6’s went to Penhold for a Sky Science Program to allow students to experience an indoor astrodome. Also, students went shopping at Dollorama for CTF/social studies/citizenship program. The Junior WE Club assembled “Blessing Bags”, containing everyday items which were given out to Red Deer’s homeless population.
- January 25 – PAC meeting was held at 6:30pm, which included discussions on a new electronic sign for outside the school.
- January 26 – Middle School Field Trip to the Collicutt Centre, Red Deer, to celebrate the midpoint of the school year!
- January 29 & 30 – Farm Safety presentation in the Learning Commons for grades K-6.
- Accountability Pillar Survey was sent out for grades 4, 7 &10 parents. Survey is used to help determine our success and areas of challenge so that we can reflect and improve.
- February 1 - Semester 2 began with an assembly for the High School students, discussing the new semester. DCS Celebrates Assembly sponsored by Delburne/Ardley Legion #142. Grade 3-6 Curling Program begins at the Delburne Curling Rink.
- This month grade 4, 7 & 10 students completed their annual Accountability Pillar Surveys on-line at school.
- Grades 1 students made hearts to decorate the office windows.
- Grade 4 & 5 students started swimming lessons.
- February 5 – grade 9/10 went snowshoeing in Kananaskis Country.
- February 6 – Coding Club started, Tuesdays after school thanks to Mr. Hope and Mrs. Huston.
- February 7 & 8 – Grad Photos
- February 12-15 – Annual Fun Curling Bonspiel was held for grades 4-12. Each day has a dress up theme and the event ends with a pizza party and prizes!
- February 14 – High School Leadership Group handed out roses and candy-grams that were pre-ordered. Valentine’s Parties/skating throughout school.
- February 15 – PAC Meeting at 6:30pm.
- February 16 – Olympic Spirit Day…staff and students wore Canadian colours or dressed up as their favourite Olympic sport!
- February 28 – Pink Shirt Day support anti-bullying.
- Mr. Hope’s Cigar Box Guitar Club started up again after school!
- Grade 3-5 Cookie Dough Fundraiser began.
- Badminton Season began.
- 3S class built Leprechaun Traps for Science.
- Afterschool curling for grades 1-6.
- March 1 – February DCS Celebrates Assembly.
- March Madness took place once a week: March 6 Beach Day.
- March 7 – Grade 9/10 Field Trip to World of Choice in Red Deer.
- March 13 Decades Day (students/staff picked a decade to dress from).
- March 14 –WE Club took part in WE Are Silent (students did not talk for the day to promote a cause they chose), PAC Meeting 6:30pm at the school.
- March 16 – MS Ski Trip to Nakiska.
- March 20 Tight and Bright Day (neon/stretchies), Scholastic Book Fair began, 4 grade 12 students participated in the annual Basketball Senior Bowl in Lacombe!
- March 22 – Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- March 25 – Marine Biology students left for Bamfield, BC for 5 days of Marine studies.
- March 27 Hats and Funky Footwear Day.
- April kicks off the Grade 7/8 Soap Box Derby project.
- Spell-a-thon Fundraiser was held in Elementary.
- Library sponsored a Book Spine Poetry Contest for the month of April in honour of National Poetry Month.
- Grade 7, 8, 9 volleyball and basketball players coached grade 6 students in the fundamentals of each sport!
- Every Friday in April we had a Hat Day for Trey. Students paid $2 to wear a hat in school and all money donated went to the Trey Purdie Scholarship.
- April 5 – March DCS Celebrates Assembly sponsored by Delburne Service Center. Bothe grade 3 classes played the recorders in the assembly.
- April 8, 9 – 50 high school students took part in an overnight Ski Trip to Lake Louise.
- April 12 – Jersey Day for Humbolt.
- GSA Wellness Fair was held in the Learning Commons, including a Yoga Session at lunch!
- April 24 – Grade 9 field Trip to Red Deer College for Junior Achievement’s Economics for Success Program. Soap Box Parent Night at the school to help students build their soap boxes.
- April 26 – Career Expo Field Trip to Red Deer College for High School students, PAC Meeting was held in the school at 6:30pm.
- Track & Field practices began for Junior and Senior High students.
- Kindergarten class held a Mother’s Day Spa for parents and grandparent to attend.
- May 1 – Jo(e) Social Media came to do a presentation to students in grade 4-9 and then to parents in the evening. Presentation was a powerful, interactive and was highly relevant to our students and parents and our social media world today!
- May 2 - Drama Class held an Archie Improv Performance for Elementary classes to attend, High School Theatre Trip to Citadel Theatre in Edmonton to see Silver Arrow.
- May 3 – April DCS Celebrates Assembly sponsored by Delburne Aging Well Society, Trochu High School Band came to DCS to perform for our students, WE Club took part in Walk for Water. This event is an annual global event to raise money and awareness for all of the women and children who travel hours each day to collect water. Students raised $520!
- May 9 – Elnora grade 8 students spent the afternoon visiting the school to get familiar with staff and students as they transfer to DCS for High School.
- May 15 – Leadership students painted new sidewalk games around the school.
- May 17 – Middle School held a dance in the Small Gym from 2:15-3:15.
- May 25 – Grade 6 Field Trip to Food trucks in downtown Red Deer. They went to observe the Food Truck business, to get ready for their Food truck Friday event. GRAD 2018 Banquet and Exercises at the Delburne Hall.
- May 30 – Bike Safety Rodeo for grades K-5. Grade 6’s helped with the event, Soap Box Derby Sponsor Night in the Small Gym.
- May 31 – May DCS Celebrates Assembly sponsored by Ms. Barb Marian. Local Legion members attended assembly to give out the Poetry/Poster Contest awards for the year. Welcome to Kindergarten Meeting and Activities were held at night in the Learning Commons. PAC Meeting was held at 6:30pm.
- June 1 – Food Truck Friday (grade 6’s set up food trucks in the Large gym and sold different foods at lunch), the grade 7/8 CTF Class Soap Box Derby was held in Delburne on 23 Avenue South. DCS also had 2 High School students participate at ASAA Track and Field Provincials in Red Deer!
- June 4 – Junior High students were successful in bringing home the CENAA J banner again this year!
- June 5 – Kindergarten went on a Field Trip to Safety City in Red Deer.
- June 7 – 3rd Annual Ghost Ryders Skate Park Competition was held in Delburne with 23 athletes from 5 schools in attendance! Grade 1 Field Trip to the Calgary Zoo.
- June 12 – Grade 9 Leadership Class hosted a fun afternoon of activities for the K-5 students outside. Grade 10’s went on a hike up Coliseum Mountain, Nordegg.
- June 13 – JH had a great day at the Track Meet in Stettler.
- June 14 – Outdoor Ed went on a hike to Barrier Lake, Kananaskis.
- June 15 – Western Days at DCS…staff and students dressed western to support the rodeo in town, Grade 3 Field Trip to Atlas Coal Mine.
- June 18-20 – Grade 6 Camp at Circle Square Ranch, Halkirk.
- June 19 – Kindergarten Field Trip to Discovery Wildlife Park in Innisfail.
- June 18 – grade 11’s went on a hike to Borgeau Lake in Banff National Park.
- June 20 – DCS Volunteer Appreciation Tea was held in the Foods Lab. High School Leadership Field Trip to Aquasplash Park in Sylvan Lake.
- June 21 – Athletic Awards Assembly and Indigenous Celebration took place in the Large Gym at 9:00am. MS Awards Night in the Small Gym.
- June 22 – Grade 2 Field trip to Kerry Wood nature Centre and Sunnybrook Farms in Red Deer.
- June 25 - Grade 4/5 Field trip to Markerville Creamery. Parent and Student Information Night was held for the coming year, including class configurations, staffing and course offerings.
- June 26 – Grades 1-5 went swimming at the Three Hills Pool.
- June 27 – Grade 9’s went hiking to Barrier Lake in Kananaskis.
- During the hot weather classes took advantage of the village waterpark for some end-of-year fun!
- June 28 – Last day of school for the 2017-2018 year! Early dismissal at 12:00 noon.
- July 4-6 – Grade 12 went on an overnight backpacking trip to Three Isle Lake in Kananaskis.